The Joy of Racks: Learning to Build Your Own Ableton Live Racks
The Joy of Racks is a video series of 20 videos where I will teach you the ins and outs of Ableton Live racks; great for beginners and intermediates (experts you could learn a few things too). Here are some of the things you will learn:
- The different types of racks you can create in Ableton Live
- How to build racks that can help you streamline your production and live performance
- Grow your creativity to build racks that represent you.
I will also include Instrument, MIDI, Audio and Drum racks for you to use in your projects; 31 in total. The videos are applicable for Live 8 and up but the downloadable racks are Live 9 only. Few will have Live Suite effect in them and I will have (Suite) in the title. I have tried make substitutes for Standard users where possible. In the event that it’s not possible for me to make a substitute, you can replace that functionality with your favorite VST.
The videos in this series are:
- What Are Ableton Live Racks
- Audio Basics
- MIDI Basics
- Instrument Rack Basics
- Drum Racks Basics
- Types of Racks
- Signal Flow
- Simple Slapback Rack (Audio Effect Rack)
- HAAS A Matter Wit Chew (Audio Effect Rack)
- Close to the Edge Rack (Audio Effect Rack)
- Crazy Xyl Rack (Instrument Effect Rack)
- Simple Drum Rack
- Slice to New MIDI (Drum Rack)
- Step Juan Rack (MIDI Effect Rack)
- Velocity Raptor (MIDI Effect Rack)
- Sustain Jane (MIDI Effect Rack)
- My Favorite Martian (Instrument Rack)
- VSTs (Instrument Rack)
Side Chain Frequencies (Video only)
If you would like a preview, head over here: https://gum.co/nTOo.
About the author, Josh Spoon is a musician, Ableton Live ninja and educator. He is a writer for Dubspot and maintains a Youtube channel with well over a thousand subscribers. His articles and videos have been featured on the Ableton blog, Beatport blog and Create Digital Music, as well as tweeted about and posted on Facebook by tons of people all over the world.
The Joy of Racks was developed out of the widely received article 4 Reasons To Build Your Own Ableton Live Racks! Dynamic Controller Integration and More and people's desire for more information on Ableton Live Racks.